– Employees must practice social distancing of at least 6 feet apart and wash their hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Employees are encouraged to wear face masks if you are not working alone in a room or eating/drinking.
– A company representative will be walking around to check temperatures for all employees in the building. Employees who have a temperature of over 100 degrees will be sent home and encouraged to take a rapid test (which will be reimbursed).
– The company has provided face masks to employees to wear, increased sanitation stations using at least 60% alcohol for hand sanitizer, provide disinfecting wipes, and increased facility maintenance for cleaning. If an employee needs more masks or sanitation products, please ask your supervisor or administration for assistance.
– The receptionist will check temperatures of the guests/interviewees that come in the building. Ensure the guest/interviewer is wearing a mask or provide a mask if needed.
Experiencing Symptoms / Exposed to a Positive COVID Case / Reimbursement
– Contact your supervisor immediately. Explain the symptoms that you’re having or if you were exposed. Supervisors, notify the Herrings & payroll department immediately.
– Employees experiencing symptoms will be prompt to take a rapid covid test.
– Rapid Tests are available on https://covidclinic.org Chose the Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Test. Send payment receipt to accounting via email and you will be reimbursed.
– This is an option given by the city, for free testing. Results will take 3-5 business days https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/testing.html A rapid tests is mandatory to return back to work.
– Once results are given, immediately contact your supervisor to inform them if you are cleared by a medical provider to return to work or if you are positive and need to quarantine. Supervisors, immediately notify the Herrings & the payroll department.
Payroll Questions for Positive COVID-19 Cases
– 2021 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL) will be in effect from January 1st, 2021 to September 30, 2021. 80 hours will be given to full time employees. Part-time employees will be given the equivalent hours worked. 30-days of employment is needed to be eligible. Please see “2021 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave” poster on the company website or in the break rooms.
– If the employee uses all 80 hours of the 2021 COVID-19 SPSL, they will need to apply for State Disability Insurance (SDI) https://edd.ca.gov/claims.htm
Positive COVID-19 Test Results / Returning back to work
– If you have tested positive for COVID, contact your supervisor immediately. The company will deep clean the area you have been in contact with and notify the employees who you have interacted with, to get a rapid test.
– In order to return back to work after testing positive, the employee must quarantine for at least 10 days from the positive test date, experience no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever- reducing medication, and if Covid-19 symptoms have improved.
Please contact your supervisor or administration if you have any further questions or concerns.